Friday, April 15, 2011

Red Wool Cotehardie

I made this dress awhile back and love the way it turned out.  It's not completely handsewn, however I did sew all the seam allowances down.  I used a wonderful pattern to help me and would recommend this to any other novice sewer.  I did have to fit my gown to my body and alter the base pattern but that's what is expected when our bodies have their unique curves :)

I am not wearing any undergown underneath this dress in this picture, so my boobs are not supported as they should be!  But I just wanted you to get the idea.  I dyed my hair to match the original artwork I found for an added touch (that and the fact that I was feeling spontaneous enough to do it).  My hair is back to normal now :)

A new take on Garb Blogging!

My first official post!  The U of A has frustratingly messed with my old blog and changed my ualberta e-mail.  So unfortunately I can't log into my old account.  But on the brighter side I am going to revamp my costuming blog and organize it better!  Also!  I'm going to add more lovely pictures of my garb!